Emergency Fire Damage Tips for the Insured
* Limit movement in the home to prevent further damage.
* Place dry, colorfast towels or old linens on carpeted traffic areas to prevent more soiling.
* If electricity is off, empty freezer and refrigerator and prop doors open.
* wipe soot from chrome on kitchen and bathroom faucets and appliances then protect with a light coating of lubricant.
* Do not attempt to wash any walls or painted surfaces without first contacting SERVPRO of SW Bakersfield.
* Do not attempt to shampoo carpet or upholstered furniture without first consulting SERVPRO of SW Bakersfield.
* Do not attempt to clean any electrical appliances that may have been close to fire or water without consulting a repair service.
Call SERVPRO of SW Bakersfield at 661-326-8422 to handle any fire and/or smoke and soot damage.