Be Wary of Kitchen Grease Fires
Sparked by unattended stovetop pans or forgotten items in toaster ovens, kitchen grease fires are extremely dangerous. Grease fires create thick, foul, acidic, dangerous smoke residue that doesn’t just affect visible appliance surfaces, finishes and controls. This thick sooty residue coats the insides of appliances including motors, electronics, interior structural fittings and even areas inside door seals. Our experienced technicians know that action within 48 hours is recommended to prevent further damages. Odor is a concern, too. Often combined with protein, grease fires can leave extremely pungent, difficult to eradicate, long-lasting smoky odor on and in appliances. You shouldn't only worry about the appliance that caught fire but all the other appliances as well, as they have also been affect from being in the same vicinity. Always be aware and always call SERVPRO of SW Bakersfield for any fire remediation in your home.