If you have a fire or water emergency, please call us now at (661) 326-8422

To have the optimal experience while using this site, you will need to update your browser. You may want to try one of the following alternatives:

Fire & Water - Cleanup & Restoration

Be Weary of Kitchen Grease Fires

11/28/2019 (Permalink)

Kitchen on fire after a grease explosion Grease can be tricky and damaging to remove, leave it to the professionals.

Sparked by unattended stovetop pans or forgotten items in toaster ovens, kitchen grease fires are extremely dangerous. Grease fires create thick, foul, acidic, dangerous smoke residue that doesn’t just affect visible appliance surfaces, finishes and controls. This thick sooty residue coats the insides of appliances including motors, electronics, interior structural fittings and even areas inside door seals. Our experienced technicians know that action within 48 hours is recommended to prevent further damages. Odor is a concern, too. Often combined with protein, grease fires can leave extremely pungent, difficult to eradicate, long-lasting smoky odor on and in appliances. You shouldn't only worry about the appliance that caught fire but all the other appliances as well, as they have also been affect from being in the same vicinity. Always be aware and always call SERVPRO of SW Bakersfield for any fire remediation in your home.

Other News

View Recent Posts