The Do's and Don'ts of Dealing with Fire Damage
Facing a fire in your home or business can be overwhelming, to say the least. It’s crucial, though, to start your fire damage cleanup and restoration process as soon as possible, to get your life back to normal.
- Make safety a priority
- Call your insurance agent
- Call SERVPRO
- Remove all clothing from the property and have it cleaned by professional fire damage restoration cleaners, not just a dry cleaner
- Enter the building before the fire department gives you the go-ahead, even if it looks safe
- Start to clean or wipe residue from walls, ceilings, and other surfaces
- Use or try to clean carpets or furnishings impacted by smoke residues or debris until they are professionally cleaned
The residue left behind after fire damage may cause health problems if it’s not handled correctly. Only trained experts with professional equipment can ensure fire damage restoration is done safely and thoroughly. Call SERVPRO immediately when dealing with fire damage in your home or business.