Follow us on our Social Media pages!
Stay in touch with us on any of our social media channels! Which one do you have?
Do you already follow us on our social media pages? If you have not done so already, come find us on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and Instagram! We aim to provide great content by giving everyday helpful tips, showcasing our work and just keeping it fun overall. Some of our posts include the science of identifying and eliminating odors can be tricky, but as professionals in deodorization, we can take care of it. Some other examples of what we post are many emergency preparedness tips and showing before and after photos. We also like to share the jobs we’ve done in the past in cities such as Los Angeles, Century City, Hollywood, Downtown, Bakersfield, Sylmar, and just all over the West Coast. What would you like to see us share on our pages? Let us know! We would love to hear from you.
Here are the links to our pages:
Facebook: click here
Instagram: click here
Twitter: click here
LinkedIn: click here
Working From Home? Here Is Our Guide To Staying Productive And Being Successful
Working from home for the first time? Work and make it work!
As coronavirus changes the daily lives of Americans, lately many of us get the privilege to work from home to be safe. There are certain perks to working from home. You officially have the shortest commute and your meetings do not happen in the conference room. But, if you are not careful, working from home can also come with some downsides. If you are the type to get distracted easily, do not worry, there is hope.
Here is our guide to staying productive. Want to know if they work? Well, this blog you are reading right now was written from home sweet home.
1. Get an office. Set aside a whole room or a portion of your home that is for all business and only business. Your bed would not be the ideal location to set up your office because that is where you sleep.
2. Get rid of background noise. Be aware of how productive you are while listening to music. Playing music all day helps some people while it can distract others. So, find out which one you are.
3. Break a sweat! Since gyms are shut down in California for a while due to the Covid-19 virus outbreak, make it apart of your job to set aside about 30 minutes to an hour to get your body moving at home. Working from home can reduce the amount of calories we burn in a day. You can still workout outside in nature. You could even throw on workout video to your liking on YouTube. So, grab that jump rope, some light weights or both. No excuses.
4. Keep essentials in your workspace. Keep items such as snacks, coffee or a cozy sweater near your desk. This is a way to prevent you from getting up to grab something and encountering who-knows-what distractions around the house.
5. Know when to take a break. When your home is also your office, it can feel like you are always working. Decide when you are done for the day, and stick to it.
6. Communicate! Make sure to stay in communication with people throughout the day. Chat with colleagues, schedule phone meetings or even check in on Zoom. This will make you feel less lonely and it will also make you feel like an asset to the company you are working for.
7. Get Dressed. Keep your outfit casual and comfortable, but not in the pajama family. It might sound unnecessary, but you will feel more professional, and you will be prepared if a last-minute meeting comes up.
8. Keep things clean! Make sure to always have your workspace clean by the end of the day, so when you come back to it the next day, you are ready to work without clutter. Also doing this will help reduce trash from piling up.
9. Look at the perks of working from home. You are home during the day. Do you realize what that means? You save on gasoline because you don't have to drive to the office. Most importantly, you won't get anyone sick if you come to work with a sniffle. The more you enjoy working from home, the more you will enjoy your job. Now, get back to work!
Community Lives in Us
Community is important to us, not just in our office but around the cities!
SERVPRO of SW Bakersfield wants to serve our communities in the best way possible; we participate in our city chamber events, love to sponsor the Boys & Girls club, and you can catch us at all the emergency readiness preparation meetings. We find it necessary to be connected with those surrounding us and not only show up when there is a loss or disaster. It’s very important that we are not just another company entering your home but we are truly someone that you would trust to take care of you when a not so happy situation happens. Our previous clients have loved the work we provided and wish it wasn’t under bad circumstances and we take true pride in being involved. If you have a community event you think we would fit in please feel free to reach out, we want to benefit anyone anyway we can!
SERVPRO Vendor Qualifications and Professionalism
We take our professionalism seriously, so we treat our vendors to the same level.
SERVPRO of SW Bakersfield only uses the best of the best when it comes to vendors that we bring in on clients claims. Whether it’s a fire claim and we have to bring in someone to clean the smoke smell out of your clothes, or a storage pod after a water damage to make sure other items are not involved we only trust sub vendors that we hold to SERVPRO standards. We treat clients like family and we want all of them to know that their claim is just as serious as the next, no matter the damage done or the size; everyone is important and will be treated as such. We also expect the same from our vendors when they interact with any customers and are proud to be working with them, if you ever experience water, fire, or mold damage you should always call SERVPRO for immediate assistance.
We Are Around the Clock
Ready to aid you no matter what time or day it may be.
SERVPRO is known for being faster to any size disaster, commercial or residential. When compared to other restoration companies SERVPRO of SW Bakersfield is not only on site the quickest but maximizes the job to make sure they are faster when also getting you back into your home or place of business. Why SERVPRO? Because we understand what it means to be the leader in restoration not just in our city but across the nation, being a company that is available 24/7 we are truly around the clock. SERVPRO of SW Bakersfield has a professional always on call to make sure we are ready to jump into action no matter what time it is or what the job call may be! You’ll never have to worry about what time your emergency may happen knowing that we will be there for you immediately.
It's important that we keep up with the latest learnings, IICRC helps us with that.
IICRC, the Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoring Certification, is a nonprofit organization that develops and publishes standards detailing the proper procedures for safe cleaning and restoration. SERVPRO of SW Bakersfield prides ourselves on having our technicians as well as office staff to be IICRC certified. Being up to IICRC standards allows all of our employees to have the best knowledge industry standard training giving each and every one of our customers the best service. We are constantly holding classes for employees and professionals be up to date and work towards new certifications in areas such as: Applied Structural Drying, Commercial Drying, Fire and Smoke, Mold Removal, etc. This helps us to ensure that no matter what situation clients can always rest assured that they are choosing the best restoration company.
It's Our SERVPRO Promise
It's not only our job, but our promise to you!
You would think this questions would be easy but it isn’t. In your city there could be dozens of restoration companies that you could choose from. Your insurance agent will probably recommend some restoration companies to you but you might want to research for yourself. And we are to tell you that SERVPRO of SW Bakersfield can promise that we are around the clock, reliable, and professional. We have been around for just under a decade and we understand that you might Google names like Service Master or Restoration Management Company but we promise we want to work with you and your insurance agent to get you back to living like normal. You can always check out our Yelp page for more customer testimonials or we are just a call away to explain to us what your issue is, we want to deal with your restoration issues! Our promise is that you won’t be disappointed you chose us as your experts.
SERVPRO of SW Bakersfield
We've made a promise to be the best in Southern California and we plan to keep that as we build out more franchises.
SERVPRO of SW Bakersfield was recently taken over by its now owner, Alan Reed, and has been added to very successful multi franchise operation in Southern California. SERVPRO of SW Bakersfield will be joining territories of Moorpark, Fillmore, Santa Paula, Simi Valley, and Encino which have all been onsite for the Thomas Fire in 2017 and the Malibu Fires in 2018 as well as other natural disasters around California. His offices are filled with technicians that are passionate about their line of work and claims managers that are compassionate about restoration. There is not a job that Alan and his team cannot handle and they thrive in hard situations where they can pull through to fix everything in their power. If you ever have any doubts about working with SERVPRO please feel free to read our testimonials page or Yelp reviews from clients we have had the pleasure of working with in the past to be assured that you are making the best decision when it comes to hiring a restoration team. SERVPRO of SW Bakersfield can and will make it "Like it never even happened."